Holiday home safety tips…
• Keep windows, garages and sheds locked, and don’t forget to use deadbolts.
• Use timers to turn on lights and a television or radio.
• Maintain at least a foot of space between a burning candle and anything that can catch fire.
• When hanging lights outdoors, avoid using staples or nails which can damage wiring. Use UL-rated clips or wires instead.
• Don’t overload electrical circuits with holiday lighting; unplug your tree and outdoor lights before going to bed.
• Don’t leave a spare key in a “hiding place.” Burglars know where to look.
• Lock your power box with an electricity authority lock (lock to which you and the electric company have a key) so that your home security alarm system can’t be cut off from the power supply.
Wishing you a safe and happy holiday season!
Source: Keller Williams Realty